Route to the Road
At JLD we want to make gaining your licence as simple for you as possible, so we have put together this step by step guide to help you along the way.
- Firstly call or e-mail JLD for your starter pack which contains forms D2 and D4 that you will need to complete to have the provisional Category C added to your licence.
- Make an appointment with a doctor for an LGV medical and take form D4 with you for the doctor to complete.
- Complete form D2 which is the application for the provisional Category C entitlement to be added to your driving licence. Make sure you tick C and not C1.
- Send the completed D2 and D4 forms with your driving licence to the DVLA in the envelope provided.
- Start studying for your theory tests. Call JLD if you are unsure what training material you will require for these theory tests.
- When you receive your licence back from the DVLA you can book your theory tests. These can be booked at www.gov.uk/book-a-driving-theory-test
- Everyone taking Category C will be required to take the LGV Multiple Choice questions (module 1a) and the Hazard Perception test (module 1b).
- On passing modules 1a and 1b you can then book your Category C training course!!
- Our standard Category C course is 5 days with the test on the 5th day.
- If you passed your car test (Category B) on or after the 1st January 1997 then you are probably going to have to complete the Initial Driver CPC Qualification, Modules 2 and 4 (see Initial Driver CPC Qualification or call JLD for more information).
- On passing your Category C test the examiner will send your licence away to the DVLA to have the full Category C entitlement added to your licence (should you wish, you can send it yourself). When you receive your licence back from the DVLA they will have automatically added the Category C+E provisional to your licence.
- Should you wish you can now book your C+E training course.
Please remember that should you need any advice or have any questions along the way you can always contact JLD and we will help in any way we can!!
JLD Driver Training - “getting it right first time”